GILLESPIES

GILLESPIES

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Break - Part 2

Day 3:
Earth Science Museum and Bean Museum.

Our first stop was the Earth Science Museum. Megan came prepared with her note book and pen. After 10 minutes at the same window, writing down the name of every rock, I had to cut her documentation short and move on.



Heather loved the hands on displays where she could touch real fossils and was fascinated by the size of the bones. Paige was nervous around the dinosaurs and I was a little worried that our next stop would be a disaster. I was right. Fear wasn't the issue but it was still a disaster. Paige was climbing over and going around the ropes, knocking down sign blocking her from petting animals, and throwing a tantrum on the floor when I intervened. Two museums close to nap time is not recommended.
Day 4:
Rock border and outdoor fun.




What a difference a day makes. The snow is all gone and are cheeks are all sunburned. Heather and Megan invited friends over to play while Bryan and I worked on the rock wall in our front yard. This year is our yard year. Hopefully our projects we've been planning will get finished this summer.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Loved all the pictures. Your girls are growing so fast and Tanner is so cute. Fun to learn more about You and Bryan. Maybe I'll volunteer to do that tag. I've never done one.